Are you ready to make first Streusel crumb coffee cake? Of course, you need to prepare an ingredient before just start and these of you need to find and put it on your table.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cake:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan, a 9-inch springform pan or an 8-inch square pan.
To make the streusel, in a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and melted butter. Blend well and set aside.
To make the cake, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat vigorously until smooth and quite thick, about 1 minute. Spread half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with half the streusel mixture.
Spoon remaining batter over the streusel and top with remaining streusel. Bake until cake tests done, about 50 minutes. Cool about 20 minutes, then remove cake from pan.