Do you enjoy cooking quick and eating on the go? Are looking for a nice diet of chicken curry? While we are always hearing how saturated fats are bad that does not mean that we cannot prepare and eat healthy meals.
One of these healthy meals is chicken curry. Here are some of the best 3 chicken curry recipe.
Chicken curry with rice or curried roasted carrots
This is a family friendly healthy dish of thinly sliced chicken sauteed with curry powder and then simmered with sweet curry. The preparing method will ensure that the chicken comes out tender.
You will also have it ready on the table within 30 minutes, depending on the time it takes to cook rice or curried roasted carrots.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts.
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 cup of frozen peas.
- 1 medium yellow onion.
- 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- 1/4 of plain low-fat yoghurt.
- Teaspoons of curry powder
- Garlic cloves minced.
- Sprinkle teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and teaspoon of curry powder on the chicken.
- Heat teaspoon of oil in 12-inch skillet and then add the kitchen and cook. While cooking, stir it occasionally until it turns brown. Transfer the kitchen into a cool bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil and then heat. Next, add the onions and cook until they become soft. Stir in ginger garlic and the remaining curry powder.
- Whisk the cornstarch and the chicken together to dissolve the cornstarch then add the skillet with sugar. Cook until the sauce is nicely thickened
- Add the partially cooked chicken and peas to the skillet and reduce the heat and cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Finally, stir in cilantro and yogurt, season with pepper and salt and serve with rice.
Image Source: eatingwell.com
Chicken curry with potatoes
While this chicken takes only 45 minutes to prepare, it’s worth it. It’s actually the best food treat that you can give yourself if you want something tasty.
- 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken.
- 1 cup of water
- 114 ounces coconut cream.
- 10 baby golden potatoes.
- 1/3 of curry paste.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat, add onions and saute for a few minutes or until the onions are softened and fragrant. Add curry paste and the chicken and then saute for 3-5 minutes. Add baby potatoes and stir while adding more water depending on the consistency that you want.
- Stir in brown sugar and fish sauce to take it to the next notch. You can then serve this with rice.
Image Source: pinchofyum.com
Creamy curried chicken recipe
You can also try out this amazing chicken recipe. With its irresistible blend and sweet coconut, your family will definitely love it.
- 1 cup of uncooked instant rice.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken
- 1 can of coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoons of teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- 1 cup of chopped onion.
- 3 cups of baby spinach.
- Cook the rice according to the directions you’ve been given on the package even as you sprinkle the chicken with curry, pepper, and salt. In a large skillet, saute onion and chicken until the chicken changes its colour.
- Stir in tomato paste and coconut oil and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes until it thickens. Add tomato and spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice.
Image Source: tasteofhome.com