Chocolate covered cherry cookies are one of our favourite treats and also it can easy cookie recipe is always inspired our mind!
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 -10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice
- 1 – 6 ounce package of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
In large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and soda. In mixer bowl, beat together butter or margarine and sugar on low speed until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat until well blended. Shape dough into 1″ balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down center of dough with thumb. Drain Maraschino cherries, reserving juice.
Place a cherry in the center indention of each cookie. In small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk; heat over low heat until chocolate is melted.
Stir in 4 teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon frosting over each cherry spreading to cover cherry. (frosting may be thinned with additional cherry juice if necessary) Bake at 350 degrees or until done. Remove to wire rack to cool.